UP TO 29 HOURS PER WEEK – WAGES: $19.65 PER HOUR
A dynamic and exciting employment opportunity to start building a career in law enforcement which allows the candidate to gain valuable experience, training, and exposure in many aspects of police work while still attending college. Candidate will become an integral part of supporting the Chesterfield Twp. Dept. of Public Safety – Police mission by performing specific tasks, functions, and duties while assisting CHPD personnel. These include but are not limited to: Township parks and property security patrol, fielding certain lobby reports, monitoring and directing parking, fingerprinting, handling of property, vehicle transfers, ride-a-long participation, and performing general duties while assisting CHPD officers. This opportunity would allow the candidate the potential for Police Academy Sponsorship as well as employment with CHPD as a certified police officer.
- 40 hours Annual Paid Sick/Medical Leave
- Uniforms & Equipment provided
- CPR & First Aid Training
- Cadet to Police Officer Academy Sponsorship Program
- Flexible scheduling/will accommodate college schedule
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to pass the required physical examination and drug screening as a condition of employment.
- Must be a student enrolled or a graduate of an accredited college – Criminal Justice program or related field.
- Possess a valid U.S. Motor Vehicle Operators License and have a good driving record.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or have a serious record of misdemeanor arrests and or traffic violations.
- Must successfully complete any and all training that the department deems necessary that is associated with the position.
APPLY ONLINE AT
The Charter Township of Chesterfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer